Friday, May 5, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - May 5th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this one soon.  It looks cute.






First Chapter

The bookstore sat on the corner of Thread Lane and Thimble Drive in the town of Button.

Tourists wandered the sewing-theme streets, bundled in winter jackets to save off the chilly January weather.

From 56% on my e-reader...

The handwriting was beautiful, a curling script that spoke of hours of practice.  But as Lou scanned the words, she realized they were anything but beautiful. 


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Louisa Henry has had the worst year. She never imagined she would be a widow before the age of forty. To cope with the sudden loss of her husband, Lou moves across the country to live near her best friend in a town as cute as a button. Even though it means quitting her fancy New York editor job, she now owns the bookstore of her dreams.

Well, almost. She definitely didn’t dream about a dead man showing up in her alley.

Found with no identification, the police plaster the man’s face everywhere, along with the name of her bookshop, inundating Lou with negative press before she can even open. Worse, Lou was one of the last people to see him alive, and she didn’t even get his name.

Worried the mystery man’s family is left without the answers she so desperately needed in her husband’s death, Lou tries to help find the man’s identity. On closer inspection, she realizes her conversation with the mystery man was full of clues. Starting with a confusing book page he left behind, Lou follows the trail.

If she can solve this mystery, her bookstore might have a chance at being known for something more than murder.

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. This does sound cute. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover! I'd pick it up for that reason alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually sounds like a very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks interesting. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound really good, and I love the book cover and title. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy this one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really cute and the premise definitely caught my attention. I can't wait to see your thoughts on the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.