Friday, May 19, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - May 19th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this one soon.  I really enjoyed the first book and I do enjoy hamburgers 😁






First Chapter

Bang, bang, bang!

A hammer clacked against the walls downstairs, knocking in nails and destroying my sleep in three fell blows.

From 56% on my e-reader...

"And isn't it true that we're not even supposed to be asking questions and the fact that we are is, in itself, pretty inappropriate?"


Synopsis from Goodreads:

A poisoning, a mystery, and a murderer on the loose...

Suspended detective Christie Watson has decided not to get involved in any more murder cases. If the Captain back in Boston finds out she's been investigating, she's fired! 
But when a local artist is poisoned, and Christie's best friend's cousin is accused, she realizes that she can't stay out of this case. Especially when their might be a murderer watching her every move. 
Can she solve the case before she becomes the next victim?

Tuck into an afternoon of burgers and mystery. One-click purchase your cozy mystery caper now!

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



8 comments:

  1. That's a terrible way to wake up, but it is an interesting way to start a story. It seems like a good mystery. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound fun. I think I have the first sitting somewhere on my Kindle app. I just need to figure out when I can actually get it read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover made me hungry for a burger at 9 in the morning... LOL.... sounds like a fun read, for sure! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure how a hamburger relates to a murder, but that cover hamburger does look good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good and now I want a burger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cover! LOL That's a great title too. :-) This sounds like fun and I hope you enjoy it, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that 56! And that sounds like a really dreadful to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa...that is quite the book cover! I haven't had a burger in years, but now I want one. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.