Friday, May 12, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - May 12th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this one soon.  I really enjoyed the first book.








First Chapter

"There is no such thing as a ghost." Eva Chevalier turned her pointy nose up in the air and chortled.  "It's preposterous.  Nonsense, folderol, fiddle-faddle."

From 56% on my e-reader...

"I wouldn't be quite so bold about accusing other people if I were in your shoes."


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Wagtail, Virginia, the top pet-friendly getaway in the United States, is gearing up for a howling good Halloween—until a spooky murder shakes the town to its core . . .

Holly Miller doesn’t believe in spirits, but the Sugar Maple Inn is filled with guests who do. The TV series in development, Apparition Apprehenders, has descended on Wagtail’s annual Halloween festivities to investigate supernatural local legends, and Holly has her hands full showing the ghost hunters a scary-fun time.

But the frights turn real when Holly’s Jack Russell, Trixie, and kitten, Twinkletoes, find a young woman drowned in the Wagtail Springs Hotel’s bathhouse—the spot of the town’s most infamous haunting. The crime scene is eerily similar to the creepy legend, convincing Holly that the death wasn’t just accidental. Now she’ll have to race to catch a flesh-and-blood killer—before someone else in town gives up the ghost . . .

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



9 comments:

  1. This book just sounds darn fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost and supernatural investigators...this looks like a good mystery. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, a dog and a cat and (possible) ghosts plus a murder? Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be an ideal spooky season read for me!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a book in this series a little while ago and really enjoyed it! This sounds fun and definitely one I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy this one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first book in this series is next on my list to read next week! I just borrowed it from the library today. Good to know the second one takes place around Halloween. If I enjoy the first one, I'll put the second one on my October TBR. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.