Saturday, May 20, 2023

Review: Friends and Foes by Laina Turner

 


About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Five Seas Ink

Release Date
October 1, 2019


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Trixie is finally living her dream of opening a bookstore called Read Wine, but someone doesn’t want her to succeed. Can she figure out who is standing in her way before her dreams go up in smoke?

In this Read Wine series prequel, Trixie is ecstatic that she is about to reach her lifelong dream of owning a bookstore, which will also have coffee, baked goods and a wine bar. It's everything she loves, all under one roof. To make it even better, she's doing it with her best friends, Sally and Cora.

Just when they think they are close to opening Read Wine, strange things start to occur. Someone trashes their store mere days before they are to open. Then Sally gets stranded when someone puts sugar in her gas tank. And the competition in town is not happy another coffee option is opening.

Who has it in for them? Is someone trying to sabotage Read Wine?

My Review

Librarian Trixie Pristine is doing what she always wanted to do - open a bookstore.  Along with her best friends, Sally and Cora, they are determined to make their new bookstore, Read Wine, a success.  However, someone else doesn’t want that to happen and will do anything to stop these women from succeeding.

This is a prequel to the Read Wine Cozy Mystery series and it’s off to a good start.  It’s a quick read and gives us a taste of what the series will be like.  I enjoyed this bite-sized mystery.  It made for a nice couple of hours of reading.  Trixie and her friends look to be fun characters.  

There is a cliffhanger involved.  So, if you are going to read this series, I recommend starting with this prequel.  I'm hoping to read the rest of the series soon.


Disclosure:  This one is from my own e-book collection. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the cliffhanger! This sounds like a good read but I will definitely want to have the next book ready before I start this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.