Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Review: The Double Cheese Burger Murder by Rosie A. Point




  About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Release Date
August 1, 2019

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A poisoning, a mystery, and a murderer on the loose...

Suspended detective Christie Watson has decided not to get involved in any more murder cases. If the Captain back in Boston finds out she's been investigating, she's fired! 

But when a local artist is poisoned, and Christie's best friend's cousin is accused, she realizes that she can't stay out of this case. Especially when their might be a murderer watching her every move. 

Can she solve the case before she becomes the next victim?

My Review

After being suspended as a detective in Boston, Christie Watson is helping her best friend at her Burger Bar restaurant.  All Christie has to do is stay out of police business and she’ll be reinstated.  Unfortunately, even in the small town of Sleepy Creek, Christie can’t help getting involved in police investigations.

This time a local artist is murdered and Christie’s best friend’s cousin, Jerry Lee Lewis is the prime suspect.  Christie agrees to help her best friend prove his innocence.

This is a cute, short cozy mystery series.  It can be read in one sitting.  The characters are lively and fun.  The mystery keeps you guessing to the end.  

I’m looking forward to reading more in this series.



For reading challenges:
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2023
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2023
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2023
Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2023


Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kobo Plus library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


4 comments:

  1. I got stuck on the juicy burger. Sounds like a fun read.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun though it will definitely make me want burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this. I've got the first in my Kindle app somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.