Friday, April 8, 2011

Anything Goes on Saturday - Adopt a Pet!



This is a new meme called "Anything Goes on Saturday". It's a chance to choose any topic you want and talk about it on Saturday - it can be about a book, TV show, movie, a recipe or just an update on your week. Whatever you choose.

I decided not to use Mr. Linky for this meme. If you'd like to join in, just comment and post your direct link to your post. Then, go and visit other blogs and see what's on everyone's minds this week. Enjoy!

My topic this week is adopting pets. As all regular readers of my blog know, I love animals. One of my greatest pet peeves are the amount of animals with no place to go. So, I'm putting in a plug for animals in need.

All three of my cats were looking for homes at one time and we adopted them. Today, they are as much a part of my family as I am (probably more so because they make the rules - LOL)

There are a number of stray cats in our neighborhood and we feed them daily. Unfortunately, I can't take them all in, but I do what I can. For anyone wanting to add a new fur baby to your family, check out your local animal shelters.

Here are a couple of places that you can get started, if you don't have a local animal shelter.

Pet Adoption



funny pictures - That's what friends are for.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my very favourite blogs. This is also one of my very favourite topics/issues.
    I used to be a vet tech, and I have done animal rescue for over 30 years.
    I commend you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that you adopted your pets :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pets.. it is awesome that you adopted yours.

    I missed my "anything goes on saturday" post for the past 2 weeks. Will hopefully catch up next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.