Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Red Hot Mess by Kimberly Van Meter






Genre:
Romance

Publisher:
Smashwords

Format:
Ebook

Release Date:
April 2011-04-10

Laurel Kenning wants nothing to do with men. She’s had her fair share of bad relationships and now all she wants are one-night flings. Out for the evening with her friends at a bar, she meets Aidan – one very hot and sexy man. By the end of the evening, she has had her fling and is ready to move on with her life.

When she hires a contractor to remodel her house, she’s more than a little shocked to find that Aidan owns the contracting company. Aidan is shocked as he never expected to see her again, but he can’t walk away from the job. The company his grandfather left to him was on the verge of bankruptcy so he desperately needs the money.

To make matters even more crazy, Laurel’s sister shows up on her doorstep and she’s ready to move in, but she wants more than a place to stay. She wants Aidan, too. If Laurel doesn’t want him, why shouldn’t her sister have him? But, how does Laurel really feel about the handsome contractor?

This is a hot romance which sizzles with each page. Aidan and Laurel’s chemistry fogged my Nook screen! This was a fun, quick, sexy read and a delightful way to spend the afternoon. Kimberly Van Meter usually writes for Harlequin, but she re-worked this older story and had it published as an e-book. Very cute read.




For reading challenge:

Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. This was a really neat review. Got the storyline and only managed to make me more curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely review! So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kavyen - This was a fun read and a nice way to spend an afternoon.

    Kimberly - Thank you! Now I want to read your HSR's which I happen to have in my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh excellent! Do you have the new series Mama Jo's Boys or the Emmett's Mill series? If you don't have the new series, let me know and I'll send you THE PAST BETWEEN US, which is the first in the Mama Jo's Boys series. Send me your mailing addy, if you're interested. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.