Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Miss Hildreth Wore Brown, Anecdotes of a Southern Belle by Olivia deBelle Byrd




Genre:
Non-Fiction, Humorous

Publisher:
Morgan James Publishing

Format:
Paperback

Release Date:

After years of repeating her many Southern stories to her husband, he suggests she writes them all down and write a book about them. That’s exactly what Olivia deBelle Byrd did. She does it with humor, grace, and class. She gives her readers hours of enjoyment.

Ms. Byrd gives the reader an insight into Southern life. She does it in an anecdotal manner. Each story is short, but makes the point as only she can make it – with laughter. She runs the gamut of topics from expensive cups of coffee to writing thank you notes to beauty pageants for six month olds. These stories will have you laughing-out-loud (and hoping nobody catches you doing that).

Every story is well-crafted and ends way too soon. Readers will be craving more of these delightful tales. It’s a one-sitting book and perfect for reading on those dreary days when you need something to perk up your spirits.



And I give this one my Socrates Great Book Alert!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely :D Even if I perhaps would miss a thing or too, dunno much about Southern culture

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a fun read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one sounds fun and funny. definitely a good one for a pick-me-up mood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.