Monday, April 25, 2011

Musing Mondays - Family Reading



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

Do the members of your family read? Do you think it was passed down to you? ((or, if you want you can answer this: Who do you think influenced you as a reader?))

My answer...

Honestly, I haven't a clue as to how I became such an avid reader. No one in my family is a big reader. I can't remember ever really being encouraged to do much reading when I was younger. I remember hating literature and English classes. I hated reading any of the assigned books. Somewhere down the line (in high school), I became a huge Harlequin reader and eventually I just branched out to read other lines and genres. I guess I just did it on my own.

Funny Pictures - Cat Gifs
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

8 comments:

  1. I disliked literature classes all until college and loved them but still had a hard time reading what was scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you got into it, even if you did it on your own.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/musing-mondays_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't too found out English classes either in school - I hated dissecting the books!

    My musing can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No clue either, neither my mum or dad reads. But my grandma did read romance novels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do come from a family of readers and we always had lots of books around.

    That picture of the kitten being fed is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read Harlequin a lot. Haven't read one in years though!

    Here's My Musing

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents were not big readers, but did have a large bookcase on our upstairs landing. Each night we would take a book, from the bookcase, to bed.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one in my family while I was growing up was a big reader, so I don't know where it came from in me! Although I wasn't raised by my Mom as a kid, we are close now and she is an avid reader. Who knows--maybe it's in the genes! LOL

    As for my boys--I couldn't pay them to read a book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.