Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Blogger Hop 6/17-6/20

Book Blogger Hop

The blog hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books

This week's question...

“How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?”

My answer...

I always hate this question because it's so embarrassing for me. I have 10,000+ physical books and now I'm even hoarding books on my Nook. I have 1200 on my Nook to read. I'm a certified book hoarder...bookaholic...whatever you want to call me.

The Nook books are so much because most of them are freebies. As soon as I see something I'm interested in is free, I get it. They might not always be free, so you have to get them while you can. The physical books got out of hand when I joined the online world in the early 1990's. I'd hear so many great recommendations and then I "met" so many great authors online, I just kept adding to my TBR. I know I won't get around to reading them all in my lifetime, but I do so love collecting. I guess there are worse addictions to have in this life than being addicted to books :)

What does your TBR look like?

funny pictures - annoying pop-upz  dey r ebrywhere
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, 10,000 books? Really? And those are all unread? I mean, I have a TON of books. Ok maybe not because I want to build a library in my house. But I have a lot. I can't imagine having 10,000 unread books hehe. Or read and unread. I'm jealous of your books! haha.

    My hop is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a book addiction is a positive thing, but then again, I am biased, I have one too :) Wow, 10,000 books, I am jealous! I have had to force myself to only keep the books I think I will reread multiple times. The local library makes this hard by selling used books at cheap prices and do they ever pile up and multiply... Free books are virtually irresistible!

    Anja @ http://reading2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, new follower here. WOW, 10,000+ real books! Where do you put them all? With your nook it's soooo easy to be in the 1000s!

    Check out my hop
    Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I cannot even physically imagine this! I thought mine were bad at 166 (when I started my "journey through the TBRs blog").

    And you've been in the online community since the 1990s? I could learn a lot from you!

    BTW...love the pop-up cats!

    Here's MY BLOGGER HOP POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Stopping by from the Hop. 10 000 physical books?? And none of them have been read? How is that embarrassing?! :D New follower on the blog and Twitter. My HOP is here!

    Check out my first-ever giveaway!

    ~Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have way too many books on my TBR list and TBR pile. All told that comes to about sixty books.

    Now here's the scary math: I read roughly one book per week - and sometimes two. But two to three books are being added to my TBR list every week.

    Stressful, right?

    Wrong!

    Hop on over to my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net and find out why.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your TBR pile intimidates me! I, too, tend to hoard books and download interesting freebies just because they are free. There is nothing wrong with having a bountiful book collection. And you are right, there are definitely worse things to hoard or spend your money on! Happy reading!


    Grace at Feeding My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.