Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Salon - Reading for Enjoyment!



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

I only finished two books this week...

The Cat, The Professor and The Poison by Leann Sweeney
Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke (audio)

I wasn't very productive otherwise. I started three different books - all good but for some reason I can't seem to stay focused on just one. I want to read them all at once! Reading a little of all three has left me not finishing anything. This is why I just normally like to read and complete one at a time.

I just did an inventory to see how many books I actually have waiting to be reviewed.
I have 29 books waiting to be reviewed. That's crazy and it's my own fault, I know. Plus, I don't seem to have much time for reading lately...this could take forever. I tried to even make a schedule, but that got out of hand. If I follow the schedule, it won't be until the end of the year before I read anything for pure enjoyment. So, I'm tossing the schedule aside and will do reviews based on the order I received the request (unless there is some kind of deadline involved) and will try to alternate with books for enjoyment.

So, what books do I want to read for enjoyment? Cozy mysteries! Do you ever get in the mood to just read certain books? I feel like reading from my cozy collection. I have print books as well as cozies on my Nook. I'm very well stocked up on them. I can't wait to actually get involved in a series of them. I do love my cozies :) When I was cleaning out my TBR, cozies were the only books that I didn't donate.

What books do you like to read for pure enjoyment? Do you ever get into a mood where you only want to read one type of book?

Hope everyone has a great week!

funny pictures - ah... screw it
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate! I try to balance books for review, in with reading for enjoyment. Theres not enough hours in the day.
    I tend to read horror/suspense for enjoyment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read what you want so it stays enjoyable instead of a "chore". My enjoyment books are Women's fiction and suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been feeling like reading was a chore lately too. I need to go back to mood reading.

    Love the LOL cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 29 books?! That would intimidate me. I try to stay up to date, but I am behind, nevertheless.

    I hope you enjoy the heck out of the next book you read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.