Saturday, June 4, 2011

If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White



Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Penguin Audio

Release Date:
May 2011

This is a nice collection of stories from Betty White's amazing life. She talks about her husband, Allen Ludden. What a remarkable life they had together, although it ended way too soon. She discusses her new TV show and cast from Hot in Cleveland, as well as her fight to help animals.

At 89, she's still going strong. I took this audio out from the library. It is a short memoir - apparently she did other books before. I want to try and take those from the library too. This was so much fun to listen to on my way to and from work, especially because Betty White narrates it herself. What could be better?

5 comments:

  1. Betty White's book sounds quite charming. Excellent review, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book, but I think I will listen instead. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Betty White and have been curious about this book. I don't get audio books very often but since you mentioned she narrates it herself I'll have to look for that version. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have all of her energy when I'm 89 (if I get to 89) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to read this one. I can still see the two of them (she and Allen Ludden) when they were on game shows together.

    She is amazing!

    Thanks for this review that tempts me even more to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.