Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booking through Thursday - Reviews



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?

My answer...

Yes, I do read reviews. I read them from Amazon, Romantic Times, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads and fellow bloggers. I basically use the reviews to get a synopsis of the book to see if it's a storyline I'd like. I don't really go by the ratings or opinions. Reading is so subjective that I feel it's something I need to make up my own mind about.

Since I've had my blog, I do take what fellow bloggers say about books seriously. If I find a blogger who has similar reading tastes to mine, I will take their recommendations. But, ultimately, I do make my own decisions of which books I like. What's the old saying? "Someone else's junk is another person's treasure"? Or something like that and I think that's very true.

funny pictures - Tommy waited all night for his girlfriend to call him back...
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

7 comments:

  1. I like reading book reviews of other book bloggers, and for fun I like reading reviews on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, love the cat! Seriously!

    I really need to get out there and figure out what all goodreads has to offer.

    Here is my BTT Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your answer...and yes, ultimately we like what we like.

    Love that cat visual....LOL

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answer.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer I totally agree. I like getting the general feel for a book from the reviews.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only reviews I read are from other book bloggers. I stay away from those reviews that critique the snot of out a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the same, in the aspect how I read the and not look at ratings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.