Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Cat, The Professor and The Poison by Leann Sweeney




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
EBook (also available in paperback)

Publisher:
Signet

Release Date:
May 2010

Widow and cat quilt-maker Jillian Hart loves her three cats. In fact, she loves all animals. When her best friend, police officer Candace Carson, tells her that a friend’s cow has been stolen, Jillian’s right there to help find the poor animal and make sure it’s safely returned to its rightful owner. Then, stray cats suddenly start showing up in droves. What’s going on? Where are they all coming from?

A creepy college professor brings the cow back with a lame excuse of just “borrowing” her, but Jillian is immediately suspicious. She discovers her suspicions were right on target when she discovers the professor’s property has over fifty cages of cats. The professor was apparently conducting some type of experiment. Cats in danger are not something Jillian can turn her back on.

There's a great scene where one of Jillian's cats takes a Mama cat and her babies under her wing. So cute!

This is the second book of Leann Sweeney’s “A Cat in Trouble Mystery” series and I loved it as much as I loved the first book. The plot takes many twists and turns and features a crazy cast of characters. Toss into the mix a step-daughter who turns up on Jillian’s doorstep, a jealous coroner, and a handsome security guy and you get a fun, fast-paced cozy mystery.

I’ve had this book on my Nook TBR for awhile. My Cat Mystery Reading Group on Yahoo chose this one for their June read, so it was a great excuse to finally read it. I have the third book waiting for me too. I’m looking forward to reading it. Love this series!

There's no way I couldn't give a cat mystery 5 stars and my great book alert!





For Reading Challenge:

What An Animal Reading Challenge

3 comments:

  1. It sounds so cute :D I keep saying I will read one and I never find the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read so many dog mysteries, I'm now ready to give the cats a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing - a cat mystery:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.