Thursday, December 1, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Mood Reading



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

Do you find that your mood affects the things you read? Like, if you’re in a bad mood, do you tend to indulge in reading that will support it or do you try to read things that will cheer you up? Do you pick different types of books on dreary, rainy days than you do on bright sunny ones?

For that matter, does your mood color what you’re reading, so that a funny book isn’t so funny or a serious one not so deep?

My answer...

If I'm in a bad mood, I generally can't concentrate on anything. I simply don't feel like reading. Once in a while I might try reading a light romance or chick lit or something like that and it will snap me out of a bad mood. More often than not, I just don't feel like reading.

I'm definitely a moody reader.

funny pictures - Dis is de liberry.  You will be berry quiet and lie berry still.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

8 comments:

  1. I am the exact same way! I was actually scared that I was the only one who can't read when sad or in a bad mood!

    Here's my BTT: http://palmtreesbarefeet.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/booking-through-thursday-mood-reading/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I tend to be more scattered in my reading when depressed or anxious...but there are some choices that can take me out of myself.

    BTW...love today's cat!

    Here's MY BTT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mood doesn't influence my reading.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too: If I'm really upset, I can't read, either. I have to be relaxed enough, or "in a good place" emotionally, to read.

    Cute "nerdy" cat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading chic lit when I'm in a bad mood, it almost always snaps me out of whatever funk I'm in. Though, sometimes it worsens my mood and I'm left comparing myself to the heroine and generally just being whiny. D:

    Also...the kitties on your blog = love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes my mood can play in, but then I just go for something else

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too. If I try to read when I'm upset or not feeling well, it doesn't really make me feel better and I usually don't remember any of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a moody reader, too. I used to read something light when I was in a bad mood, but lately I just don't feel like reading in that case.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.