Friday, December 16, 2011

Harlequin/Silhouette Reading Challenge 2012


Evy at Island Girl Reads is taking over the Harlequin/Silhouette Reading Challenge. I've hosted it for the last four years, but I had to give it up this year. Although I don't have time to host it anymore, I'm happy enough to join in.

Here are the details...

Rules:

1) This Challenge is from Jan 1, 2012 to Dec 31, 2012.
2) All of the books must be from the Harlequin family of imprints (includes Mira books as well)
3) Read one book for each of the following requirements:

The name of a place in the title (whether a country or small city or town)
A weather condition in the title (snow, rain, storm etc.)
A Title must be in the title of the book (Prince, Countess, etc)
The author's first or last name beginning with the letter M
A Holiday/Season in the title (Valentine, Christmas, Summer, etc)
A color must be in the title (red, blue, green etc)

I'll list my books here.

1. Place (TBD)
2. Weather (TBD)
3. Title (TBD)
4. Author "M" (TBD)
5. A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance (Holiday) (Click for review.)
6. Color (TBD)

If you'd like to join in, click here.

Thanks Evy for taking this on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yvonne,

    I am sorely tempted by this challenge, as given the vast amount of Harlequin/Silhouettes that are published, it shouldn't be too difficult to complete.

    I have to admit to having read the odd book from this genre in the past, although if I was to actually own up to this in public, then I would almost be forced to hang my head in shame, as most readers seem to shun them like the plague.

    To my mind they are no more banal than many of the cozy mysteries, which are so prevalent at the moment.

    It all depends on my mood and I never rule out reading any genre of book if I enjoy it.

    I have said that I am not going to be taking part in any challenges in 2012, but who knows? and if I decide not to enter, them I shall be watching your list with interest.

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.