Sunday, December 4, 2011

What's in a Name 5? Reading Challenge


I wasn't sure I'd sign up for this one, but I decided to go for it. I signed up for the last two years and haven't completed it, but I'll give it another try.

Here's How It Works:

Between January 1 and December 31, 2012, read one book in each of the following categories:

A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley

A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas

A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm

A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Ape House

A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah's Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary

A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking

The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.

Other Things to Know

Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
Books may overlap other challenges.
Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.

Click here to sign up.

I'll list my books here...

1. Woodrose Mountain by RaeAnne Thayne (Click for review) (Topographical feature)
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck!

    I used a children's book last year and then a month later read a book that fit just by chance!

    I went through tbr purgatory for titles this time....crossing my fingers....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.