Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Double Booked for Death by Ali Brandon


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Publisher:
Berkley Prime Crime

Format:
Paperback

Release Date:
December 2011





When Darla Pettistone inherits her great-aunt’s bookstore in Brooklyn, New York, she leaves her home in Texas and takes over the business. She has no idea that she is also inheriting a black cat named Hamlet.

As the new bookstore owner, Darla’s first act is setting up a booksigning. She is lucky enough to get one of the hottest author’s around. The newest literary sensation – Valerie Baylor is the author of a series of vampire books geared towards teenage girls. The book signing is crowded with teens, all wearing black capes, and excitedly waiting for the opportunity to get an autograph and speak to their idol. Unfortunately, there is also a group of protestors outside wanting to stop the publication of this genre and a teenager accusing the author of stealing her writing.

When tragedy strikes and the author meets her untimely death at the signing, Darla is determined to find out what happened. She discovers that the author had her fair share of enemies. With the help of Hamlet, Darla conducts her own investigation.

This is the first in a brand new cozy mystery series called “A Black Cat Bookshop Mystery”. It has the potential of being a fun series and I’m looking forward to reading the next one. I would like to see more about the cat, but that’s just me. I can never get too much about cats in my books 

The series is off to a great start with this one. It’s fast-paced and the characters are well-rounded. Darla and her best friend Jake are fun to get to know. Hamlet can be scary but I’m guessing he’s really just a cuddly fur ball. There’s a touch of the paranormal to this story, but mainly it’s just a good mystery that keeps you guessing.

Now, would you like to win a copy of this book for your own? Go over to my other Blog, Socrates' Cozy Cafe for a giveaway and an interview with the author!

FTC Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author for a review. This did not influence my opinion in any way. All thoughts about the book are my own honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm heading over to your other blog. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wonder when they started putting cats on cozy books :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.