Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A to Z Book Reading Challenge


What's one more reading challenge? I always love the A to Z challenges. This one is hosted by Babies, Books and Signs

Here are the details...

Technical Stuff
This challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2012.
You can join anytime.
If you are blogger, leave the link to your actual post about this challenge.
If you are not a blogger, leave a link to where you will be keeping track of this challenge.

So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z challenge.

A - Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A - Atonement B- Black Beauty C - The Count of Monte Cristo D - Dances with Dragons etc.

OR

B - The lazy way (how I do it) : Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Hope that by the end of the year you have read one book for each letter. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

Each month, I will add another challenge to this main challenge. It might to read a book with both A and Z in the title or to read a book with 3 words that all start with the same letter. I might host a few random giveaways too for good measure. If you've got some idea for the mini-challenges, send them my way!

Since it is really hard to find titles beginning with X, the letter X just needs to be in the title somewhere.

So to join along....
1. Write a blog post about this challenge and whether you are going go with A or B.
2. Add the button to your blog.
3. Attach yourself to the linky.
4. Follow my blog so that you can see when I post the monthly challenge!

I'll list my books here...

A - Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis (Click to read my review.)
B - Bruja Brouhaha by Rochelle Staab (Click to read my review.)
C - Citizen Insane by Karen Cantwell (Click to read my review.)
D - Desert Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke (Click to read my review.)
E
F - Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James (Click to read my review.)
G - A Grand Murder by Stacy Verdick Case (Click to read my review.)
H - Hot Chocolate by Dawn Greenfield Ireland (Click to read my review.)
I -  Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown (Click to read my review.)
J
K
L - Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson (Click to read my review.)
M - My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler (Click to read my review.)
N
O - On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves (Click to read my review.)
P - Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams (Click to read my review.)
Q - Quitters, Inc. by Stephen King (Click to read my review.)
R
S - Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris (Click for review.)
T - This Time Together by Carol Burnett (Click for review.)
U
V - A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance (Click for review.)
W - Woodrose Mountain by RaeAnne Thayne (Click for review.)
X
Y
Z

5 comments:

  1. I'm now doing the A-Z challenge for 2012 as well. If you keep posting challenges you're joining, I won't have time for anything else next year except reading, LOL. Actually, I think I could handle not having to work and being able to read much more...That would be awesome!

    Really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....you are bad!!! But then, I am so happy you found this one because I am going to join it too!!!!! And it has a cute button..How can it be passed up? I hope you joined the Reading Challenge Addict Challenge because I think, my friend, you are now one of us!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - Yep, I'm a definitely a reading challenge addict!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am joining in on the fun too. First time doing the challenge. :)

    I only have time for this one. :) Looks like so much fun.

    NEW FOLLOWER of your blog...Cute Kitty in your header.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea! I'm completely excited :)

    http://rhubarb6.xanga.com/759998934/alphabetical-challenge/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.