Sunday, December 4, 2011
Finishing the Series Reading Challenge
Okay, I wasn't going to be hosting anymore reading challenges (then again I wasn't going to be joining anymore either and that's not happening - LOL), but I broke down and started this one. I searched all over and didn't see one for this yet so I'm going to start it myself.
It's a challenge for all those series books you started at some point and haven't finished. I know I'll start a series and read the first book, then get distracted with other books and never get back to the series. Before I know it, the series has 10 books - I get overwhelmed and don't go back to it. Now, I want to finish a couple.
Here are the rules guidelines.
1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)
2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.
3) The qualification period is January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Books must be read during this time frame to count.
4) Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky at my new blog for this challenge. Click here to sign up and go over there now, but make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge.
5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us what you are reading.
ADDENDUM: IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR REVIEW, GO TO THE FINISHING THE SERIES BLOG, JUST CLICK HERE.
6) Any format of book counts - audio, ebook, etc.
7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.
8) Choose a level....
Level 1 - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 - Complete 3 or more series.
I'm going to bite the bullet and try for Level 2 and complete 2 series.
1) Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove (I need to read 3)
A. 1022 Evergreen Place
B. 1105 Yakima Street
C. 1225 Christmas Tree Lane
2) Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum (I need to read 6)
A. Fearless Fourteen
B. Plum Spooky
C. Finger Lickin' Fifteen
D. Sizzling Sixteen
E. Smokin' Seventeen
F. Explosive Eighteen