Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Spencer Quinn


Genre:
Mystery

Publisher:
Recorded Books

Format:
Audio

Release Date:
September, 2011

This is the synopsis from Fantastic Fiction...

The fourth entry in the irresistible New York Times bestselling mystery series featuring canine narrator Chet and his human companion Bernie - 'the coolest human/pooch duo this side of Wallace and Gromit' (Kirkus Reviews).

Combining suspense and intrigue with a wonderfully humorous take on the link between man and beast, Spencer Quinn's exceptional mystery series has captured widespread praise since its New York Times bestselling debut, Dog on It. The Dog Who Knew Too Much marks the duo's triumphant return in a tale that's full of surprises.

Bernie is invited to give the keynote speech at the Great Western Private Eye Convention, but it's Chet that the bigshot P.I. in charge has secret plans for. Meanwhile Chet and Bernie are hired to find a kid who has gone missing from a wilderness camp in the high country. The boy's mother thinks the boy's father - her ex - has snatched the boy, but Chet makes a find that sends the case in a new and dangerous direction. As if that weren't enough, matters get complicated at home when a stray puppy that looks suspiciously like Chet shows up. Affairs of the heart collide with a job that's never been tougher, requiring our two intrepid sleuths to depend on each other as never before. The Dog Who Knew Too Much is classic Spencer Quinn, offering page-turning entertainment that's not just for dog-lovers.

My thoughts...

Chet isn't a cat, but I love this series. Chet isn't a talking dog, but this book is told through his point of view. We know everything he's thinking and it makes me laugh when he gets distracted in his storytelling by food. He does love his food! LOL

The story itself almost takes a backseat for me. I just love hearing about Chet's devotion for his "partner" Bernie and vice versa. Chet has amazing hero worship for his human.

I have to admit, whenever Chet is separated from Bernie, I get incredibly worried (even though logically I know this will have a good ending). Spencer Quinn has really scored well with this series. It's fun and even more enjoyable as an audio book. It makes my commute much nicer.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series! I actually just checked out this book from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this book! "Dog on It" by Spencer Quinn is good too.

    Both of us liked this one and reviewed it too: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/10/dog-who-knew-too-much-by-spencer-quinn.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dog...hm, but if you approve of the doggie then so can I

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your review. This does sound like a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading a book told in a horse's POV. Will keep my eye out for this series. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.