Thursday, December 29, 2011

Theme Thursday - OLD (worn out, torn, past etc)

Theme Thursdays


This is a new meme hosted by kavyen at Reading between Pages.. “Theme Thursdays” will be open from one thursday to the next and anyone can post it. The rules are simple:

* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week’s theme is – OLD (worn out, torn, past etc)


I took Chakra to make use of the sand near my driveway before we checked out the boxes by the front door. They were stuffed with old clothes and notes from Mystick Falls neighbors, friends who didn't want me to fail and must have known I was coming home today.

8 comments:

  1. What a nice thing for folks to do...Sounds like a nice moment in a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a delightful snippet, and I love the look of this book. That cover has me wanting it desperately!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY THEME THURSDAYS POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of this book. It is a good snippet this week. She seems to have nice neighbors!

    Here's mine this week: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/theme-thursday_29.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the old clothes I have never worn or....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Love the book cover. I'll have to check this one out. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover and nice snippet. It's nice that the neighbors don't want her to fail.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/12/theme-thursday-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a nice snippet but the cover surely overshadowed it. Great cover design.. I loved it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.