Friday, August 10, 2018

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - August 10th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This is what I'm reading this week...


Beginnings...Since I featured the beginning on the Tuesday meme, I'm posting the beginning of Chapter 2...

Two months earlier...

Poppy Harmon was speechless. Perhaps, for the very first time in her life. And she was sixty-two years old.

Friday 56...

From 56% on my Kindle...

But Matt was a blabbermouth, and she worried it was only a matter of time before he slipped and Heather found out that their big case had suddenly taken a dangerous turn.


8 comments:

  1. This does sound like a fun book. I like when the characters are nearer to my age. This week I have Guilt by Degrees by Marcia Clark from my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing this book...it looks like fun! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE PERFECT COUPLE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super fun read! Poppy seems like an interesting character. I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Poppy is 62! I like the beginning and 56.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is following me around! I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.