Thursday, August 23, 2018

Review: Stabbed in the Baklava by Tina Kashian




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Kensington

Release Date:
August 28, 2018








Synopsis from Goodreads:

Lucy Berberian has taken over her family’s Mediterranean restaurant on the Jersey Shore after an unsatisfying stint at a Philadelphia law firm. It’s great to be back in her old beach town, even if she’s turning into a seasoned sleuth . . .

Catering a high-society wedding should bring in some big income for Kebab Kitchen—and raise its profile too. But it’s not exactly good publicity when the best man winds up skewered like a shish kebab. Worse yet, Lucy’s ex, Azad—who’s the restaurant’s new head chef—is the prime suspect. But she doesn’t give a fig what the cops think. He may have killer looks, but he’s no murderer. She just needs to prove his innocence, before he has to go on the lamb . . .

My Review

Lucy Berberian is excited and a bit nervous when she gets a catering job for a wealthy socialite. Everything must be perfect, but when one of the wedding guests is found dead in her catering van and stabbed with one of her shish kebab skewers, the event takes an awful turn. To make things even more complicated and bizarre, her head chef - her ex boyfriend - is the prime suspect.

Lucy knows Azad couldn’t have committed this horrible crime and fully intends to prove it to the cops. She’s shocked at the secrets she uncovers, especially when they put her own life on the line.

This is the second book in one of my new favorite cozy mystery series. The Kebab Kitchen series is fun.  It is filled with humor, mystery and some romance along the way. It’s a fast-paced read with well-developed characters.  The author gave us many suspects to choose from.  I was very surprised at the direction she took.

Lucy has a strong group of supporting characters. They are all people the reader can care about and want to meet up again in the next book of this series, I know I’m looking forward to another visit to the Jersey Shore with Lucy and her crew.



For reading challenges:
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2018
.
FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.



3 comments:

  1. Love the cover and that the book takes place on the Jersey shore. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So happy you loved this. I have it on my reading list and hope to stat it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.