Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday - August 22nd


This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.

This is actually a 13 book series, but the previous publisher stopped publishing this series at #11.  The new publisher - Kensington - picked up the series.  I read the last one and it didn't matter that I hadn't read the previous books, although I do want to.  Anyway, this follows the one I read, so I'm looking forward to it.  Besides, there's a basket of kittens on the cover.  How could I resist?  





Synopsis from Goodreads:

* Includes a knitting pattern *

A mysterious woman arrives in picturesque Sea Harbor, Massachusetts, and the Seaside Knitters welcome her into their cozy world of intricate patterns and colorful skeins. Unfortunately, nothing frays a warm introduction like cold-blooded murder . . .

With her shy manner and baggy jeans, Rose Chopra becomes an unlikely superhero the night she stumbles into Izzy Perry’s shop and inadvertently saves a shipment of yarn from water damage. When the Seaside Knitters help the enigmatic handywoman settle into town and find work at a popular real estate company, Rose proves she can fix just about anything—until a potential homebuyer is killed and she becomes entangled in murder . . .

The moment controversial entrepreneur Spencer Paxton is found dead in a pricey ocean-side house, accusations fly at the last person on the property—Rose. But the Seaside Knitters have their doubts. After all, Spencer’s political aspirations as well as his company’s plans to pave over Sea Harbor’s historic art district with luxury apartments earned him some very real enemies . . .

Now, Izzy, Birdie, Nell, and Cass must swap knitting for sleuthing as they struggle to move the needle on a twisted homicide case causing turmoil across town. As tensions build in the sleepy New England community and Rose’s secret past unravels, the ladies face an unsettling realization—true victims aren’t always the ones buried six feet under . . .

Publisher: Kensington
Release Date: November 27, 2018




Which books are you waiting for?




8 comments:

  1. Sounds good and I'm glad you don't have to read them in order. And that cover! Cats, water, a boat, and a lighthouse. Some of my very favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is very cool. Hope you enjoy!
    I'm desperate for next Tuesday and the release of Ilona Andrews' Magic Triumphs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great cozy mystery! I love the cover and just won a cozy mystery myself. I have to post about it soon. Have a great week!

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thirteen book series sounds like quite the commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize there were so many books in this series. Kensington releases some wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks adorably cute and fun. I hope you enjoy it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a fan of cat cozies but lately I've been really into them and am making up for lost time! This one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.