Monday, December 23, 2013

2014 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge


This is another reading challenge I always participate in and never complete, but I don't really care. This year it's called the 2014 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge and it's hosted by Lori at Escape With Dollycas

Here are the details...


It’s an alphabet challenge!!! The challenge is to read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.

You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles as shown below.

So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z Reading Challenge.

A - How I plan to do it: Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

OR

B - Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – Assaulted Pretzel by Laura Bradford B- Buried in a Bog by Sheila Connolly C – Cat Trick by Sofie Kelly D – A Deal to Die For by Josie Belle etc.

Books can be read in any order and all formats – print – e-book – audio – are acceptable for this challenge!


I will be listing my books throughout the year here...


A - All Things Murder by Jeanne Quigley (Click here for review.)

B - The Billionaire Banker by Georgie Le Carre (Click here for review.)

C - The Corpse with the Emerald Thumb by Cathy Ace (Click here for review.)

D - Don't Cry Over Killed Milk by Stephen Kaminski (Click here for review.)

E

F - Fatal Impressions by Reba White Williams (Click here for review.)

G - Guidebook to Murder by Lynn Cahoon (Click here for review.)

H - Hanging by A Hair by Nancy J. Cohen (Click here for review.)

I - Iced to Death by Peg Cochran (Click here to read review.)

J

K

L - Lending A Paw by Laurie Cass (Click here for review.)

M - Murder with Ganache by Lucy Burdette (Click here to read review.)

N - Nightmares Can be Murder by Mary Kennedy (Click here to read review.)

O - Organized For Murder by Ritter Ames (Click here to read review.)

P - Paws for Murder by Annie Knox (Click here for review.)

Q

R

S - Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews (Click here for review.)

T - A Tale of Two Biddies by Kylie Logan (Click here for review.)

U - Uncharted:  An On The Island Novella by Tracey Garves-Graves (Click here for review.)

V

W - The Whole Cat and Caboodle by Sofie Ryan (Click here for review.)

X

Y - The Yankee Way:  Playing, Coaching and My Life in Baseball by Willie Randolph (Click here for review.)

Z - Zero-Degree Murder by M.L. Rowland (Click here for review.)

2 comments:

  1. I was not going to sign up for any challenges this year, but couldn't resist this one, after I visited you. So now I have joined 4 challenges this year, I think this is going to be the last one. LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to stop visiting your blog LOL! I can't resist when I see you post about a challenge. I think I went a little nuts for 2014...this one makes 16!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.