Monday, December 2, 2013

2014 Where Are You Reading?



I love this challenge!  I was hoping Sheila at Book Journey hosted this again.  I participated in the past couple of years and haven't completed it, but I enjoy seeing all the places I visited during the year.  It's fun to look back even if I can't squeeze in all 50 states in the U.S.

Here are the details...


Challenge begins January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2014

How do you decide what state a book is categorized under?

1.  In a fiction read it would be the State or Country that the book spends the most time in.  (Ie. If your main character is from Wisconsin but the book is all about his/her time in college in California – the books should categorize under California….)

2.  Non fiction reads categorize  in whatever State or Country it is about (Ie…. a book about fly fishing in Colorado is a Colorado point, and a book about women in Afghanistan is an Afghanistan point.

3.  If the book goes from one state to another… go with the state that most of the time is spent.

My map is here.

I'm not sure if I will set up a google map this year, but here's where I'll list my reads:


Alabama - Death on Eat Street by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)

Alaska -

Arizona -  The White Magic Five and Dime by Steve Hockensmith (Click here for review.)

Arkansas -

California -  Zero-Degree Murder by M.L. Rowland (Click here for review.)

Colorado -

Connecticut -  Iced to Death by Peg Cochran (Click here to read review.)

Delaware -

Florida - Murder with Ganache by Lucy Burdette (Click here to read review.)

Georgia - Pearls and Poison by Duffy Brown (Click here to read review.)

Hawaii -  Mai Tai For Two by Delphine Dryden (Click here for review.)

Idaho -

Illinois -

Indiana -  The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper by Sally Carpenter (Click here for review.)

Iowa -

Kansas -

Kentucky -

Louisiana -  Limoncello Yellow by Traci Andrighetti (Click here for review.)

Maine - The Whole Cat and Caboodle by Sofie Ryan (Click here for review.)

Maryland -

Massachusetts - For Everything A Season by Sharon Pape (Click here for review.)

Michigan - Lending A Paw by Laurie Cass (Click here for review.)

Minnesota - Paws for Murder by Annie Knox (Click here for review.)

Mississippi -

Missouri -

Montana -

Nebraska -

Nevada -  Dyed and Gone by Beth Yarnall (Click here for review.)

New Hampshire -

New Jersey -  Tax Cut by Michele Lynn Seigfried (Click here for review.)

New Mexico -

New York -  Murder is Academic by Lesley A. Diehl (Click here for review.)

North Carolina -  Ghost Cat:  Midnight Paws (Click here for review.)

North Dakota -

Ohio - A Tale of Two Biddies by Kylie Logan (Click here for review.)


Oklahoma -

Oregon -

Pennsylvania -

Rhode Island -

South Carolina -

South Dakota -

Tennessee - Playing with Fire by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)

Texas - A Tough Nut to Kill by Elizabeth Lee (Click here to read review.)

Utah -

Vermont - Organized For Murder by Ritter Ames (Click here to read review.)

Virginia - Don't Cry Over Killed Milk by Stephen Kaminski (Click here for review.)

Washington - Murder Strikes A Pose by Tracy Weber (Click here for review.)

West Virginia -

Wisconsin -

Wyoming - Messenger by Craig Johnson (Click here for review.)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a unique challenge. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun challenge which might tempt a reader to visit more states, or at least think about planning some trips to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Yvonne. I don't think I could handle another location reading challenge. I've been working on a "Read the USA Mystery" challenge for three years now, and still have eigth states to go, LOL. Some states are definitely more challenging than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good grief. Eight states left. Guess that's my cue to go to bed, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.