Sunday, December 22, 2013

Review: Happy New Year, Baby Fortune! by Leanne Banks


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Galley

Publisher:
Harlequin Special Edition

Release Date:
January 2014


Single mom, Stacey Fortune Jones, is ready to ring in the new year, even if things aren’t going exactly the way she planned. Her fiancĂ© left her at the alter when he found out she was having his baby and she’s left raising their child on her own. Fortunately, she has the loving support of her parents and her brothers, not to mention her best friend Rachel as well as Rachel's handsome brother, Colton.

Rancher Colton Foster is trying very hard not to be interested in Stacey. Everyone, even his own family, warns him that she’s been hurt enough and he shouldn’t take advantage of her. Colton can’t help but find himself wanting to be there for Stacey and her daughter, Piper. He wants to take care of them and protect them at all costs, but is she interested in him or is he just the rebound guy? It doesn’t help that Stacey’s former fiancĂ© was one of his close friends.

Stacey and Colton continue to grow close, but each one is dealing with their own personal demons and trying to fight the attraction. Stacey doesn’t want to saddle the rancher with a child and Colton isn’t sure he’s ready to take care of a baby.

What a wonderful, cute story! There’s a scene where Colton is taking care of the baby by himself and it just had me LOLing! Too cute for words! Talk about a “feel good” story – this one is it!

It’s been a long time since I read a Harlequin book and Leanne Banks was always one of my favorite authors. I’m so glad she’s still writing and doing it better than ever! I gobbled this book right up. I couldn’t put it down.

Happy New Year, Baby Fortune! is part of Harlequin’s long running Fortune Family series, but it’s the first book in a new trilogy. I haven’t read any of the previous Fortune books and I started with this one which is the first book in a new branch of the Fortune family. It didn’t matter. You don’t need the previous books to read this (although I’m planning on backtracking).

The book is filled with characters readers will love and cheer for. The story flows from page to page. It’s the perfect romance, especially for this time of year. It makes me want to get back to reading more romances.




FTC Disclosure: Netgalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Yvonne, this book sounds heart warming! And the cover is as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Yay! I'm going to read this one next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love the Fortune series. If you're planning to backtrack, you really have your work cut out for you -- there are A LOT of books in that series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.