Monday, December 2, 2013

Musing Mondays - December 2nd


If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing…  

Do you have a preference between “person” in the books you read? Do you prefer third-person to first-person? Or don’t you care? And, why?




My Musing...

It doesn't really matter to me.  Each format has an advantage to it.  Most of the cozy mysteries I read are told in the first-person.  It gives the reader a chance to know what motivates the character to do the things he or she does.

OTOH, third-person gives the readers a chance to see what's going on beyond the main character.

Honestly, IMO, it depends on the story.  If it's a good story, I'll read it regardless of which format it's written in.

7 comments:

  1. I tend to really enjoy when the MC narrates in first person...and I also like when the author allows some peripheral characters to speak in third person.

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. The person a book is written in does not stop me from reading. I do like third person better unless it is very well written first person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, your answer hold for me as well. Very good musing today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy both styles. The first person narrative is intriguing as you have to decide if you believe everything the character is telling you, for one, and decide if their point of view is skewed or balanced. For example, the unreliable narrator.

    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it depends on the story as well. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.