Monday, December 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - December 17th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...



Chapter 1

BEA CRANE

The letter that would change Bea's life arrived while she was in the kitchen at Boston's Crazy Burger, working on four orders of Mt. Vesuvius specials - three patties stacked a foot tall and layered with caramelized onions, bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour pickles, and hot sauce. One of her new roommates, Nina, subletting for the summer in the dumpy three-bedroom apartment that Bea now shared with two strangers, poked her head in and said she'd signed for a certified envelope for Bea, and since she was coming to Crazy Burger for lunch, she brought it over.

"Certified? Who's it from?" Bea asked, taking a fast glance at the parcel as she scooped up the caramelized onions from the pan. Mmm. She'd been frying onions for three hours and still, the smell never got old.




Would you continue reading?

19 comments:

  1. Ohh, this one looks good. It's been on my wish list a couple weeks now. Hope you enjoy(ed) it! My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. A popular book and one on my desk to be read. Hope you enjoy it, Yvonne!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome, I've never heard of it before and I hope you enjoy. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2013/12/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'd definitely read -- but I'm an Austen fan. I have this on my pile and can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am curious about this book and would keep reading. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting for your review, I can't wait to see what you think of it. I've read mixed reviews, so will be looking forward to what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun read...I would definitely continue!

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/12/first-chapter-first-paragraph-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, I would...and I did! Loved this one. Hope you enjoy it, too.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/teaser-tuesdays_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adored THE MERYL STREEP MOVIE CLUB, so I'm sure I'd love FINDING COLIN FIRTH too. Your post reminded me to order it!
    My Teaser is from CHRISTMAS CALLING.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I'd been frying onions for three hours, I'd be in tears. Literally. :)

    Great teaser. My teaser is fromLover Enshrined by J.R.Ward

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/12/teaser-tuesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I like it! Sounds great! enjoy and thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You bet I'd keep reading. I want to know what's in the certified envelope. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.