Friday, December 13, 2013

The Friday 56



This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.


It's that simple.

This week I'm reading...




From 56% on my Kindle...

"Welcome to the resting place of my ancestors," said Simon. "My grandfather, the founder of Dickens Junction, was a lifelong devotee of Dickens's works, and celebrated them in more ways than I can count. Although The Mystery of Edwin Drood was not among his favorite Dickens novels, he never failed to laugh at Mayor Sapsea, whose bombastic and self-congratulatory eulogy for his wife our own Mayor Dick quoted earlier. My grandfather, however, did believe in allowing Dickens and Victoriana to inspire every aspect of his life - and his afterlife as well."



12 comments:

  1. Well, that's interesting. I also had no idea Dickens wrote a mystery. I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its crazy to say that I am in between books right now. I need to get reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting!!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS for sharing. Love your blue background.

    I didn't have time to post a book beginnings so I am leaving a link to another fun post you may want to check out.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    What Would You Give Your Book Character For Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you have definitely piqued my curiosity. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound interesting. I'll look forward to hearing what you think once you've finished.
    I just saw a tv interview about a new movie based on Dickens life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing a "56"! I hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful snippet you've shared with us on your beautiful blog. Thanks for the visit. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. quite intriguing, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sound of this one! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting concept for a book, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.