Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review: Hero’s Journey by J.J. Cook


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Berkley

Release Date:
December 2013







When the Sweet Pepper’s Fire Brigade’s new Dalmatian puppy, Hero, disappears, Fire Chief Stella Griffin becomes concerned. At first, she thinks he just wandered away from her cabin but when more time passes and he doesn’t return, she becomes worried. Everyone from the fire brigade pitches in to find their beloved Hero, but come up empty handed.

Then, a series of fires and thefts occur in Sweet Pepper with Hero being spotted at each one. Stella and her crew fear that their dog could be a victim of a dognapping or worse. Not only do they have to find him, but now the race is on to catch the arsonist before anyone is seriously hurt.

Although this is a novella, there’s quite a bit of story and emotions in this book. Readers get a chance to revisit old friends from the first book. I read this is one sitting. It’s a nice way to pass a few hours and get a read another great story from an exciting cozy series. My only complaint is that it wasn’t longer, but it will tide me over until the next book. The next full length book will be out in a few short days!




FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.