Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays - May 31st



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week one of the books I'm reading...



I loved the first couple of lines, so that's what I'll post today...


"The smallest feline is a masterpiece," I said, using a trembling finger to gently stroke the newborn kitten curled in the palm of my hand. "And that's not me being brilliant. Those are Leonardo da Vinci's words."

"The Mona Lisa guy, right?" my friend Candace said.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet she is a "masterpiece." I feel like buying this cozy now.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it. Couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that's cute! And I love the cover and title, too. Sounds like a fun read.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so cute and what a visualization I have created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fun book to read, and why not, I love cats, and cozy mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the little kitten! Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun cozy!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cozy sounding book! :)I love that Leonardo da Vinci said that!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just looked this up on Goodreads and it sounds like just my kind of cozy (cats + farms = cozy me). *g* I'll definitely be looking for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have an award for you here:
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great opening. I think I would like this book!

    Thanks for visiting us earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award!
    Your blog is one of my very favourites.
    I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.