Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Last Darling by Cloud Buchholz




Genre:
Romance, Fiction

Format:
Ebook

Publisher:
Smashwords

Release Date:
March 2011

At 24 years old, Clover Collette has been living under the domineering influence of her mother. When she meets Francis Darling, her life changes. The couple falls madly in love. They runaway together and meet a variety of different types of people. From a blind artist to a Wall Street tycoon to a family of bank robbers, each one has their own heartrending story to tell.

This book is spread through several generations with each character intertwining with another, but yet separate. Readers see how one seemingly small incident involving one person can have a huge effect on another person, without anyone ever realizing it. It’s an intriguing concept which reminds me a little of the book by Mitch Albom, “The Five People You Meet in Heaven”.

This is a short story, but a captivating one. It’s not your typical romance, it’s more like a dark romance. It will draw the reader in from the start as each story goes from one to the next until you get to the last page and wonder why it’s not longer. It’s a different type of book than I’m used to reading, but it’s one of those stories that sticks with you longer after you finish it.




For reading challenge:

A to Z Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Very nice review, Yvonne. I don't read many ebooks, but this sounds interesting. (I'm a fan of Mitch Albom.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.