Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Publisher:
Kensington

Format:
EBook

Release Date:
January 2008

At the request of her family, Hannah Swenson moves back to her hometown of Lake Eden, Minnesota where she opens her own shop called “The Cookie Jar”. Besides baking, she spends most of her time avoiding her matchmaking mother and her younger sister, who depends on Hannah for everything, including using her services as a babysitter.

Hannah is stunned when she discovers the local delivery man dead in his truck right next to her shop. Her next discovery isn’t much better as her cookies were found all around him. This could mean a disaster to her business if people think someone died as the result of her eating her products. When her brother-in-law, a local police officer, asks for her assistance in finding the killer, she’s more than happy to lend a hand as it will also benefit her business interests.

She never expected to find so many possible suspects in her small town. She thought the victim was so well-loved, but he had quite a few enemies as well. Toss in Hannah’s meddling mother and the two men she’s trying to fix Hannah with and you get a great mystery and romance all rolled up into one nice package. Not to mention that Hannah also has a beloved cat named Moishe :)

There is also a short story featuring Hannah and a mysterious teenage girl who finds herself away from home at Christmas time. Hannah is determined to reunite the young girl with her family.

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder is the first book of the Hannah Swenson Mystery series which features recipes and titles with different types of desserts in them. Makes me hungry just reading the titles and I’m suddenly craving cookies now. I immediately loved Hannah and the two men in her life. The secondary characters were really fun, too. This was a real page-turner. I’m looking forward to reading more of this series.




For reading challenge:

2011 Cozy Mystery Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Oooh a cosy book I actually own. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun and I know the library has it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.