Thursday, May 12, 2011

Booking through Thursday - Age-Appropriate Reading



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

Do you read books “meant” for other age groups? Adult books when you were a child; Young-Adult books now that you’re grown; Picture books just for kicks … You know … books not “meant” for you. Or do you pretty much stick to what’s written for people your age?

My answer...

I generally stick to my age group. I'm usually not into stories that center around teens or any group much younger than me. When I was younger, I loved those type of books. So, I think I'd have to say I'm drawn to books that I can identify with and that would usually be my own age group. That's not to say I never venture out into other age groups. I will if I hear of something good. It's just not the norm for me.

funny pictures - Sponge Bobcat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

12 comments:

  1. I can understand not enjoying YA because you can't relate to the characters. I can be a bit like that sometimes and there is a limit to how much YA I can read. Am actually currently taking a break from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not many people hve said an answer like this i like it though,

    Cute Kitty,

    The Book Mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do read some YA (I'm in my mid-20s) and not being able to totally relate to the characters is probably what annoys me most about the books. I do like the storylines though!

    Here's what I had to say: http://abookishaffair.blogspot.com/2011/05/booking-through-thursday-may-12-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice honest answer! You have to be true to who you are!

    http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/05/booking-through-thursday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, I read the adult books of today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being able to relate to the characters is the primary appeal for me, too. I don't want to rule anything out, but generally those books I can relate to are for adults.

    Here's MY BTT2 POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your forthright answer. I too prefer adult novels, like mysteries, crime fiction, popular fiction; but I am not adverse to reading a highly recommended book if it is directed at another age.


    My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is actually a tough question. I tend to read adult novels, and probably have since like junior high, but I do read middle school and YA books with my daughter. And I pick up a picture book occasionally, but usually there's a reason for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answer. I read both kinds - books for adults and books for younger readers. I do prefer books with characters I can identify with - they just don't have to be written for my age group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never stayed in my agegroup. I went from horse books to harlequin at 10 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel pretty much the same as you, Yvonne. Once in while, I read a YA book or a children's book, but not that often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It depends on the book. I do enjoy YA every once in a while.
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.