Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Curiosity Thrilled the Cat by Sofie Kelly




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Ebook

Publisher:
Obsidian

Release Date:
February 2011

When Kathleen Paulson returns after being away for a couple of weeks, he’s a newly married man. Kathleen has no choice but to pull herself together and start her life all over again. She is quick to leave her hometown of Boston and get a brand new job in Mayville Heights, Minnesota. Her new job puts her in charge of renovated the small town’s library.

After she moves in, two beautiful cats decide to maker her home theirs as well. She names the cats Owen and Hercules. Owen is a catnip addict, while Hercules loves Barry Manilow. They also have other “special” traits such as disappearing through walls.

Things are going very well until a special guest of the local music festival turns up dead leaving Kathleen as the prime suspect. Owen and Hercules assist Kathleen in clearing her name. To make matters worse, the renovation project hits a snag as it appears the contractor is determined to sabotage the project. She can’t figure out why he’d want to do such a thing, but she vowed to find out.

As most of you know, I love cozy mysteries and this was a fun one. Not only was it a cozy, but it had cats as two of their main stars. The perfect mystery for me. This is the first book of “A Magical Cats Mystery” and I’m really looking forward to the next book, which is scheduled for September, I believe.

This book was fast-paced and the characters were lively and fun. The cats, of course, were my favorite part of the story but the human characters were very well written, too.

I give this one 5 kitties and my Socrates Great Book Alert.





For reading challenges:

Cruisin’ the Cozies Reading Challenge
2011 Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge
What An Animal Reading Challenge IV

1 comment:

  1. Yvonne, this book sounds adorable. I like the fact that the two stars are cats. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.