Sunday, May 1, 2011

Executive Sick Days by Maria E. Schneider




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Publisher:
Bear Mountain Books

Format:
EBook

Release Date:
February 2011


Sedona O’Hala is once again working for Steve Huntington. This time the case takes her to Crestwood Hospital where someone is padding the medical bills and making a fortune as they do it. The only way for Sedona to get an inside look at what’s going on at the hospital is to get a volunteer position. However, being a volunteer isn’t as easy as Sedona thinks. Besides cleaning bedpans and feeding patients, she also has to fight off deadly rattlesnakes, a lunch thief and a nurse she dubbed “Attila” whose goal seems to be to make Sedona’s life a misery.

Things aren’t all bad for Sedona as her on again/off again boyfriend Mark (Steve’s brother) is working alongside her. He’s still as sexy as ever. Mix it all up with some O’Hala family drama and you get a humorous look at hospital life.

This book has all the ingredients necessary to give readers many enjoyable hours of reading. It’s set to the backdrop of Christmas and will give you those warm fuzzy feelings that come with reading a Christmas theme book.

I love books set in a hospital atmosphere and add my favorite cozy mystery genre to it and I’m as happy as can be. All three books in this series are fun, fast-paced books. You don’t have to read all three, but I think you’ll want to. You definitely don’t want to miss out on the antics Sedona gets herself into.



For reading challenges:

Crusin’ Thru the Cozies
2011 Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Perfect, a post just as I was bloghopping :)

    Note to self. Try a cozy mystery! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been ages since I've read a cozy mystery, but I really do enjoy them. This sounds like a good series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.