Saturday, May 7, 2011

With Victoria’s Blessing by Mary Nichols




Genre:
Historical Romance

Format:
E-book

Publisher:
Harlequin

Release Date:
April 2011

This is part of a series of e-books from Mills & Boon/Harlequin in honor of the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. These stories are about fictitious couples, but they do center around real royal couples.

This one takes place in 1840 and features Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, a true love match. As London is in a frenzy preparing for their wedding, Lady Emily Sumner is falling in love with the handsome Lieutenant Richard Lawrence. Sadly, Lady Emily’s mother refuses to give permission for the couple to wed. She feels Richard’s station in life is below Emily’s and it wouldn’t be proper for them to be together.

Emily is beside herself in misery and is further upset when her mother gets her a position as Maid of Honor to the Queen. She feels her chances with Richard are slipping away, but she learns that she might be able to marry the man of her dreams, if the Queen gives her approval.

This is a short, sweet love story mixing both reality and fiction into one story. It’s a “feel good” type of romance and very fitting for this time of year.



For reading challenge:

Harlequin/Silhouette Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. It really is a sweet romance. I haven't really been into the sweet romances lately, but this was a nice change and a quick read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.