Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Theme Thursday - Women Relationships

Theme Thursdays


This is a new meme hosted by kavyen at Reading between Pages.. “Theme Thursdays” will be open from one thursday to the next and anyone can post it. The rules are simple:

* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week’s theme is – Female Person, Description of a Woman

This week I'm reading...




"Hi, Mom," I said, dropping into the leather chair beside the table that held the phone. I snagged the footstool with one foot and pulled it closer.

"How are you?" she asked.

For all that my mother could be incredibly self-absorbed, she also seemed to have some kind of mother radar that told her when something wasn't right with one of us.

"I'm fine." Because really, I was, except for a sore arm and a dtective who had the idea I may have killed someone.


9 comments:

  1. That is a good one. I like how you are using this book by Sofie Kelly again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having too much fun playing with your cat widget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, good choice this week! Happy reading!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/05/theme-thursday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this one really "shows" us the relationship. Great pick!

    Here's MY THEME THURSDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. Mother's do a have a kind of radar...don't we?

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/05/theme-thursday-women-relationships.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Mother radar :) I love that term

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.