Saturday, March 5, 2011

Anything Goes on Saturday - Moderate Comments?



This is a new meme called "Anything Goes on Saturday". It's a chance to choose any topic you want and talk about it on Saturday - it can be about a book, TV show, movie, a recipe or just an update on your week. Whatever you choose.

If you'd like to join in, take the button above and blog about it. Use the linky below to post your direct link to your post. Then, go and visit other blogs and see what's on everyone's minds this week. Enjoy!

My issue for the week...moderating comments on my blog. We've all had to deal with those annoying spammers. I have tried to avoid having to put my comments on moderation, but I'm starting to think it's necessary. The main problem is that I work all day during the week and wouldn't get to approve them until the evening. Do you think that's a problem? Can I leave all the comments until the evening to moderate? Or should I just leave it as it is and delete spammers when I get home? What do you do?





funny pictures - feline anatomy
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

8 comments:

  1. Yvonne, I have not had too many problem comments, so I set my blog up to moderate comments on older posts only. I will be interested to read what others think and do regarding comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moderate cos of spammers, those pesky ones always get true somehow. But I also moderate cos I really don't like word verification (I am lazy ;) so I thought perhaps others would like not to go through it.

    But yes sometimes when I hold a contest I do use word ver cos else they will be left unpublished so long

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, it's your blog - do what you want. I only moderate comments on posts 10 days old. There doesn't seem to be as much problem with spammers now as there was before. I think blogger finally squelched all that Chinese, Japanese symbol stuff. From a commenter's pov, I dislike having to do word verification or have to type my e mail address in every time. There are some blogs I really like but rarely comment as it is such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use word verification and posts then go live.

    Unfortunately I have been getting some spam coming thru and having to delete those spam posts.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather moderate than delete spams. Could you check comments at lunch perhaps, that is what I try to do?

    BTW...Love the anatomy photo....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that moderating comments works the best for me. As Diane said, I'd rather moderate than delete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that the spam goes into it's own section and not on my blog I don't worry about it. I just delete them all at once. We've been lucky lately that there hasn't been as much spam. I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I moderate comments whenever I login. Obviously I do have quite a lot of spam so I am glad that I am moderating them even though I release some comments later in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.