Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - 3/11-3/14

Book Blogger Hop>


The blog hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books

This week's question comes from Ellie who blogs at Musings of a Bookshop Girl:

"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

My answer...

This is easy for me. I'd go right to Barnes & Noble, buy an $80 gift card and add it to my account so I can purchase EBooks. It's easier to buy ebooks using gift cards since B&N doesn't have an online shopping cart and each ebook has to be bought separately. The credit card company actually called me and asked me about so many of these small charges all at once. They were afraid someone stole my card. If I put an ecard on my account, anything I buy gets charged to that before my credit card.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea!!
    Just stopping by the hop to say hello!

    Here;s mine if your interested:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/03/book-blogger-hop-march-11th-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - but what would be at the top of your 'to buy and download' list once you'd GOT the voucher? :-)

    My list's here:
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.com/

    Happy hopping!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

    The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

    Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Godo answer. You must love those e-books :)
    I'd buy a nice loot of books with the money, whatever caught my eye at the store. And a new bookmark of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have an e-reader and I really don't want one..I hope it is a long time before there are no books and ONLY e-readers. :(

    ....this week's cquestion definitely adds to toppling TBR stacks.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer, my reviews and Scotland photos.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming through on the blog hop. Come over and check out my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.