Saturday, March 5, 2011

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris



Genre: Paranormal
Format: Audio
Publisher: Recorded Books
Release Date: May 2008


This is a synopsis from Fantastic Fiction :

After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the manmade explosion at the vampire summit, everyone--human and otherwise--is stressed, including Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is trying to cope with the fact that her boyfriend Quinn has gone missing.

It's clear that things are changing--whether the weres and vamps of her corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie--Friend to the Pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, leader of the local vampire community--is caught up in the changes.

In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death, and once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood finished flowing, her world will be forever altered.

My thoughts...

I still love this series, but I definitely preferred the earlier books. This is the 8th book of the series and sometimes Sookie just seems downright bratty to me. LOL This is one time I much prefer the screen version (in this case TV) to the book version. I'm still not reading enough about characters I've grown to love in the TV series (particularly Bill and Eric). However, I've been listening to this series in the car to and from work and it makes for a very nice diversion. It also is giving me a chance to get caught up on this series which I've wanted to do for years.




For Reading Challenges:

Audio Reading Challenge
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
TBR Lite Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I never got into the series, felt there was nothing else than sex there. As for the books, you're right, the earlier ones are better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Eric in this book. He is my favourite character because he is complex. I'm up to book 9 now. I'll try to review when I finish. Thanks for this review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.