Thursday, March 10, 2011

Booking through Thursday - Multi-Tasking



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

Do you multi-task when you read? Do other things like stirring things on the stove, brushing your teeth, watching television, knitting, walking, et cetera?

Or is it just me, and you sit and do nothing but focus on what you’re reading?

(Or, if you do both, why, when, and which do you prefer?)

My answer...

When I'm reading, I can only concentrate on whatever I'm reading or I lose my train of thought. I'm too easily distracted.

However, when I'm watching TV, I'll multi-task and be on the computer. My husband hates that because he feels that I miss half the show. He's right, but I can't sit and just watch TV, I need to keep busy and I feel like I have to multi-task to get everything done. There aren't enough hours in a day.

Reading is a whole other story. I need peace and quiet to truly enjoy the book.

Funny Pictures - Cute Kittens
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

11 comments:

  1. You are right. I can watch TV and be at the computer at the same time but reading is done all by itself!

    Here is my BTT: Multi-Tasking post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read everywhere and can be noisy. My daughters do not let it be otherwise.
    Sorry for my English :)
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat! Great answer. Here is my answer http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday-and-some-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, like you, have to have peace and quiet when I am reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, things are really best enjoyed when you can totally immerse yourself in the experience :)

    Here's my Multi-Tasking (Booking Through Thursday) post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching TV and being on the computer is easy I agree. To really enjoy reading thoroughly I like peace and quiet too.

    Here's my BTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm more likely to watch TV and be on the computer...reading requires more concentration, although I have been known to do both.

    Here's MY BTT POST

    Love that "relaxing cat."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mostly,I like a quiet place to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get so focused on reading that very little can distract me. When I was younger my brother and sister could be having a huge argument right in front of me and I wouldn't even notice.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same way. I really prefer not to have anything competing with my reading. But I can't just sit and watch TV without doing something "productive." Drives my husband crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can watch TV and surf the net at the same time too. I do read during commercial breaks while watching tv.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.