Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cozy Mystery Challenge - 2011




I'm so glad to see that this challenge back again this year. I joined the past two years. The first year I completed it, the second I didn't. Hopefully this year I'll be back on track again. It's hosted by Kris from Not Enough Books and she has a blog dedicated to the Cozy Mystery Challenge.

Here are the rules...

1. The challenge runs April 1st, 2011 through September 30, 2011.

2. The goal is to read at least 6 cozy mysteries, one for each month. You can choose to read more, but you must read 6 in order to complete this challenge. You don't have to read 1 each month, you can read them whenever you like, you just have to read at least six.

There are three participation levels for this challenge:
Only the required amount - 6
I think I can do better - 7-10
Feeling very ambitious - 11+


3. While you can overlap with other challenges, please try to have at least 2 of the books only count towards this challenge.

4.Sign-up using the dedicated form. While it would be great if you signed up before April 1st, you can sign up anytime between now and September 1st.

5. You do NOT need a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, I would love to see a dedicated post linking back this post, but that's not required either.

6. You do NOT have to list the books you plan to read ahead of time, although you can if you want to (and the list can change throughout the challenge).

7. Prizes!! Everyone loves a prize! Everyone who completes this challenge will get a bookmark made by yours truly. My goal is to use the challenge button this year for the bookmark! That will probably help me mail them out a bit faster

I'm looking forward to this. I'm signing up for the required amount of 6. I haven't chosen the books yet, but I will list them here...

1. Haunting Jordan by PJ Alderman Click for review
2. Executive Sick Days by Maria E. Schneider Click for review
3. Opal Fire by Barbra Annino Click for review
4. Curiosity Thrilled the Cat by Sofie Kelly Click for review
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke Click for review
6. Keepsake Crimes by Laura Childs Click for review

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.