Thursday, March 3, 2011

Booking through Thursday - Cheating



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

Do you cheat and peek at the ends of books? (Come on, be honest.)

My answer...


I can honestly say I don't. The most I'll do is look and see how many more pages until the end, but I don't peek to see how it's going to end. With my romances, I really don't think there's any big surprise we know the hero and heroine will end up together. With my mysteries, the whole fun of it - for me - is figuring out who did it. So, peeking at the end would sort of defeat the purpose. I like being surprised.

9 comments:

  1. I am with you on this one. Here is my answer http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it would suck to know the solution to mysteries early...

    Here's my Cheating (Booking Through Thursday) post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In mysteries peeking at the end really would kind of ruin the whole point of the book. I agree with you I like be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never peek at the endings, I agree with you it would spoil the surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I like to see how many pages there are...and maybe I'll glance at the last line...but here's what I wrote on MY BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes I look ahead, but don't consider it cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I peek at most of the books I read - but I do try very hard not to do it with mystery books.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me, too. I just don't want to know anything about the ending until I get there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.